January/February 2017 Class Announced
Dates: Thursday Evenings
January 19, 2017
January 26, 2017
February 2, 2017
February 9, 2017
February 16, 2017
February 23, 2017
Time: 5:30pm - 8:00pm
* Each participant in the workshop receives a copy of the companion books, Living a Healthy Life With Chronic Conditions, 4th Edition, and Chronic Pain Workbook.
Location: Wellsville YMCA, 133 Bolivar Road, Wellsville, NY 14895
Register for this class no later than January 17, 2017 by calling Katie Nixon at 585-593-5223, ext. 17, or complete the online registration below.
Who Can Attend?
Subjects covered include:
1) techniques to deal with problems such as frustration, fatigue, isolation, and poor sleep,
2) appropriate exercise for maintaining and improving strength, flexibility, and endurance,
3) appropriate use of medications,
4) communicating effectively with family, friends, and health professionals,
6) pacing activity and rest, and,
7) how to evaluate new treatments.
It is the process in which the program is taught that makes it effective. Classes are highly participative, where mutual support and success build the participants’ confidence in their ability to manage their health and maintain active and fulfilling lives.
For further information or register for the SUMMER Chronic Pain Self-Management Program, please contact Katie at 585-593-5223, ext. 17